Steinbeck Innovation FastTrac® NewVenture™ Program
The Steinbeck Innovation FastTrac® NewVenture™ Program is a program of the Steinbeck Innovation Foundation, led by SVG Partners and supported by funding from the City of Salinas.
Over the 8 week course Steinbeck Innovation FastTrac® NewVenture™ Program participants:
- Explore entrepreneurship;
- Identify and meet market needs;
- Objectively evaluate business concepts and plans for moving forward;
- Develop a working knowledge of business fundamentals such as marketing, product/service development, management, and financials;
- Begin building infrastructure, and business operations and processes;
- Explore the risk and success factors in the marketplace;
- Understand how to access the human, financial, and business resources;
- Network with entrepreneurs and professionals;
- Respond to changes that can impact business; and
- Build an actionable business plan.
Stay tuned for details about our upcoming sessions and scroll down to learn more about our program graduates.
Watch the video below to learn more in the words of SIFTNV grads!
Congratulations Class of 2014!
John Bailey | Ricca Belli | Gonzalo Cabrera | Lavonne Chin | Paul Fuller
Angel Garibaldo | Stephen Hernandez | Kelly Keeling | Jessica Landa
Osbaldo Lucero | Fernando Negron | Maria Negron | Roberto Ornelas
Silas Quintero | Jhanic Ramos | Brian Rhodes Victor Robledo | Ken Rozin
Trish Sullivan | Veronique Torne | Brent Virgin | Ellen Wrona
Graduates who received special recognition for their outstanding ideas and achievements during the course of the program:
- Brent Virgin: Best Business Model
- Ken Rozin: Best User Experience
- John Bailey: Most Creative Vision
- Maria and Fernando Negron: Most Inspirational
The summer 2014 program was led by John Duhring, who has been a founding team member at nine startups, generating successful exits to Borland, 5th Generation Systems, EMC and AOL. He has applied technology to learning at Prentice-Hall, Apple, Dow Jones and for Stanford’s Professional Publishing Courses. As the Education Technology Specialist at Cogswell Polytechnical College in Sunnyvale, California, he is passionate about team-based learning. A fifth-generation Californian, he grew up on the Monterey Peninsula. Duhring is an alum of UC Berkley where he received his BS in Marketing.
The eight-week intensive program took aspiring and early stage entrepreneurs through a series of courses and hands-on workshops building business competency and exploring the viability of their individual business models. The sessions also incorporated general business acumen, network building, and presentation skills.
July 24th – August 23rd
Thursdays 5:30 – 8:30pm
Saturdays 10am – 2pm
Hartnell College, Alisal Branch
1752 E Alisal St
Watch the videos below for a look back at the summer cohort’s amazing experience learning from Andy Matsui and the Matsui Nursery team:
FastTrac® and NewVenture™ are registered trademarks of the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.